In North Fulton County there were two small rural churches, each having about a dozen active members. Warsaw Methodist Church was established in the early 1800’s on property known as the Warsaw campground, which served as a planning site for soldiers during the Civil War.
The Ocee Methodist Church was founded much later, around 1915. It was the joining of these two small groups in 1987 that Johns Creek United Methodist Church was born. Johns Creek was officially consecrated on September 7, 1987 at the site of the old Warsaw Church. In 1989, the church received the current property from Johns Creek Technology Park and began a new church building.